Summer is the time to give your well-trodden carpets a good airing and a good clean. There are lots of companies, such as ours, who can offer you the best, professional carpet cleaning services within a few hours.
Your carpet has, since its last good clean, accumulated dirt, bugs and lots of dead skin and animal hair. Most modern households have floorboards and are easier to maintain but we still have carpeted bedrooms as we don’t like stepping on a cold floor in the mornings!
Selclene Southeast has been providing the highest quality carpet cleaning services in South East London for over 20 years. If you want us to do this for you, call us and you can sit back and enjoy a nice glass of freshly squeezed lime and sparkling water!
Once you’ve had your carpet cleaned follow these handy tips to keep it cleaner for longer!
• Vacuum regularly: At least once a week for smaller households. More regular vacuuming will be necessary if you have children and pets. Regular vacuuming not only keeps your carpets looking clean…it also removes unseen dust and soil that will embed and destroy the carpet fibres.
• Deal with spills quickly: If you don’t have a homemade stain remover to hand, then place some paper towels over the stain and blot, don’t rub: If there is anything that has the potential to make a stain even more difficult to remove, it is rubbing it. Vigorously rubbing a stain also increases the chances of spreading the stain into the surrounding carpet fibres.
• Remove candle wax with heat: Candle wax can be the cause of much tearing out of hair! Some customers have even hacked and snipped away at the wax and carpet with scissors in order to remove brightly coloured candle wax. There really is no need. Simply take a blunt knife and slide it under the wax and remove as much as will easily come away. Then put a couple of paper towels on top of the remaining wax and, using an iron, run the iron over the spot (covered by the towels). The wax should come away and transfer to the towels.
• Use a good stain remover: There are many ways of making your own stain remover. Some possible ingredients include baking powder and white vinegar. Some professional carpet cleaning companies sell their own general purpose stain remover and these are usually safe and very effective. Whatever you do, please do not use supermarket bought stain removers. They are responsible for ruining so many carpets and sofas.
• Avoid excessive water: If you insist on hiring a rental machine, be very careful not to over-wet your carpets. Use as little water as possible and ensure your house is adequately ventilated. Saturated carpets can shrink and cause some pretty horrible odours due to the growth of mould.
• Quality mats: Honestly, do you and your family ALWAYS remove your shoes EVERY-TIME you enter your home? Even if you’re pretty vigilant, there are usually daily occurrences that cause you to dash through the house with soiled and abrasive footwear. Buy good quality mats for your outside doors. It may sound a simple and obvious tip, but it makes a huge difference to keeping your carpets clean and ensuring they last far longer. If you are really serious about keeping your carpets clean then go as far as to put mats both outside and inside your doors. This will ensure that most of the loose debris on your shoes will be caught by both mats as you enter the house.
• Carpet identification: Synthetic carpets are more forgiving than wool or oriental carpets and rugs. If you have a wool based carpet, NEVER attempt to self-clean with a Rug Doctor or any rental machine. The potential for damage is great. Call a professional carpet cleaner like us, Selclene Southeast if you require assistance in identifying fibre types.
• Regular professional cleaning: Professional carpet cleaning extends the life of quality carpets and ultimately saves you money. It also keeps your carpets looking beautifully clean if carried out regularly. More importantly, it helps improve the health of your home and reduces allergens. Try not to leave it longer than 18 months between professional cleaning.
• Carpet protector: Premium quality carpet protection helps protect your flooring from stains and spills and ensures common stains are easier to remove. It also helps prevent dry soil from bonding to the fibres and causing permanent damage. I would recommend carpet protector if you have carpet in a particular area that is exposed to high traffic such as hallways and stairs.
If you are looking for domestic cleaning services for your home or commercial cleaning services, please do not hesitate to contact us on 020 8698 6953 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
We cover the areas in Southeast London; Bromley, Beckenham, Bermondsey, Bexley, Borough, Brixton, Brockley, Blackheath, Dulwich, Camberwell, Chislehurst, East Dulwich, Eltham, Forest Hill, Greenwich, Hayes, Lee, Lewisham, London Bridge, Orpington, Petts Wood, Shortlands, Stockwell, Streatham, Surry Quays, Sydenham, West Norwood, West Wickham, Woolwich